Call for experienced researchers to propose themes for international workshops
The Newton Researcher Links programme is part of the wider Newton Fund Researcher Mobility programme, which is jointly run by the British Council and UK National Academies. The Researcher Links component aims to stimulate initial links between, and support capacity building among ‘rising star’ early career researchers in partner countries and the UK. It brings in more senior researchers to act as mentors and to share their knowledge and expertise with more junior researchers. It can be seen as a first step on the funding ladder for collaborative research and the growth of excellence, focusing on broadening horizons and building trust.
Initially the countries involved are:
Brazil, Malaysia, Russia and Thailand
Newton Researcher Links initiative in partnership with the Thailand Research Fund
– Thematic Workshop: 5 workshops covering all disciplines of research involved will be run under this programme. (Now Open Call: deadline for applications is 22.00 Thai time on 13 July 2015)
– Travel Grant: the travel grants will be provided for an early career researcher to do research in UK or Thailand for 1-6 months. (Coming soon)
– Environmental and Biological Sciences
– Technology Transfer
– Humanities and Social Sciences
– Physical Sciences and Engineering
– Agriculture and Food Security
– Health, and Demographic Change and Migration
Note: Proposals in the Chemical Sciences would also be welcome and, if selected, may be co-funded by the Royal Society of Chemistry.
The details and application form can be found on the website:
Deadline: 13 July 2015